The Official Blog of Ike Oden

The Official Blog of Ike Oden
... Who is a writer of sorts.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

777


Forgive me Blog, for I have sinned,

It has been 7 days since my last confession. In that span of time, I have sinned repeatedly and with great precision, though not entirely consciously. I don't think.

For one thing, I have managed to neglect updating my posts, be it via email, Facebook, Twitter, or simply calling my friends back. I have been selfish with my time in this way, and deserve to be neglected on every front. However, the worst part about it is that I don't really feel bad about any of it. Much like the University during summer, most of these forums have been pretty much dead, devoid of any real activity, emotion, or thought. I have enjoyed living without them, but feel responsible for continuing them, despite the fact there will never be an end in sight for any of them. Oh, well.

Secondly, I have neglected focusing on finishing any ONE of my writings for the summer. Scripts remain undrafted, outlines uncomplted, and short stories unfinished. All of them are scattered like a trail of half devoured bread crumbs across the winding paths of my hard drive. None of them connect in any concrete way, and I fear it is going to be a while until I can follow one of them out. I need to get organized, pick my paths, and follow them out. Spreading and smattering my attention across the board is getting me knowhere.

Thirdly, I have watched Inception. Twice. With my Ladyfriend, which only sweetens the deal. However, I fear its only driving my above failures home even harder in its awe inspiring feats of cinematic grandeur. I want to see it again. And again. And again. One must keep in mind it took six years to write, so perhaps I shouldn't feel so bad about my lack of direction. Even Chris Nolan gets the blues, I suppose.

Finally, and perhaps finally, I have received my first screeners from DVD Verdict and am putting the finishing touches on my first review. I have a second to complete this week, and look forward to screening it. The reviews will be posted on Twitter, Facebook, and the usual suspects upon completion.

I repent these abhorrent writing sins and ask your forgiveness. In the name of the blogger, the reader, and the Holy Internet.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get some groceries.

Amen

3 comments:

  1. What was your first? I hope it was something golden. Mine was the awesome Richard Burton bible epic, "The Robe", on Blu-ray no less!

    Secret code word to post: "Subetori" - woah, that's dangerously close to the kick ass Californian Mongolian ass-kicker in Conan the Barbarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory, Glory to Primal Rage. I will read the review today.

    ReplyDelete