The Official Blog of Ike Oden

The Official Blog of Ike Oden
... Who is a writer of sorts.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Made Up Logline Monday #1

Hello everyone,

Today marks the beginning of my latest writing exercise, "Made Up Logline Monday," wherein I try to come up with a movie pitch on the fly and post my results here for all the world to see and, quite possibly, steal from. These are not joke-y movie pitches, but actual ideas I've conjured up from the depths of my pretty little head within the span of five to ten minutes. No recycling old ideas, no giving myself extra time. One logline, 5-10 minutes, there ya go.

This week's entry--

Title: Chambered
Logline: In this modern day western, a pathetic low-level crook finds his niche as a single-shot, competitive gunslinger. He volunteers to participate in a drug cartel funded twenty man duel, each staged in Mexico City's most public landmarks. The tournament's only rules are don't get caught, don't get killed and make your bullet count.


Ta-da! That's not too bad. I might not write that movie, but I'd certainly see that movie. I envision it as a Peckinpah-y Western, something in the vein of Christopher McQuarrie's The Way of The Gun by way of Running Man. It's a bit long in the tooth for a logline, but I hope to improve upon that attribute as these exercises continue. One a week, every week, no excuses.

Also, did I mention I finally got some major headway in the slasher script I toiled with not writing all last week? Yeah, draft 4 (or five... whatever) is nearly there. Yet I still feel twitchy about it, and will continue to until the damn thing is finished and printed and being held in my hands for final polish.

1 comment:

  1. I would only see Chambered if it starred Jonathan Brandis as a cactus.

    ReplyDelete